OSSU provides a wide range of benefits to suit different needs. This page provides general information on all the benefits offered to employees.
Please refer to the applicable master agreements or employment contract for specific eligibility information.
The information found below is not meant as a guarantee of coverage. In the event the information on this site conflicts with the plan document or subscriber certificate, State Statute, the plan document or subscriber certificate shall take precedence.
- Medical Insurance – Orleans Southwest Supervisory Union (OSSU) offers health insurance to eligible employees. The plan is provided by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) through the Vermont Education Health Initiative (VEHI).
- Dental Insurance – OSSU offers group dental insurance through Northeast Delta Dental.
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance – OSSU provides term Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) benefits to eligible employees through Lincoln Financial Group.
- Tuition Reimbursement – OSSU provides tuition/professional development reimbursement to eligible employees consistent with the terms of the applicable master agreement and/or individual employment contract. Professional development funds available are based on the UVM in-state fall tuition rates.
- Leaves – OSSU provides different types of paid leaves for eligible employees. For eligibility information, and a list of the paid leaves and definitions, please refer to the applicable master agreement and/or individual employment contract.
Insurance Eligibility & Coverage
For healthcare coverage employees should refer to the Vermont Statewide Health Insurance Terms pursuant to the provisions of 16 V.S. A. Chapter 61 Article attached in their applicable master agreement or employment contract for specific eligibility information. If the information found on this site conflicts with the master agreement/employment contract, the State Statute shall take precedence. Regarding other types of insurance refer to master agreement/contract requirements, Eligibility for insurance coverage is also subject to carrier limitations.
The Vermont Department of Labor requires us to request a completed Declaration of Health Care Coverage form annually from all employees who are not enrolled in our group health plan. These completed forms must be maintained on file for a minimum of three years.
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs) promote the health of employees and their household members by offering immediate access to free, confidential counseling for a wide range of life issues. When employee issues are not resolved they can lead to poor morale, adverse health outcomes and reduced productivity. Robust EAPs provide a solution. Repeated studies demonstrate that they save employers far more than they cost. Invest EAP is a Vermont-based public and private non-profit collaborative that has offered comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services since 1986. Our EAP provides short-term counseling and referral, management consultation, wellness workshops and resource information. Or call 1-866-660-9533; Password VSBIT
Tax Sheltered Annuities - 403b
OSSU offers optional retirement protection through a 403(b) plan with Empower Retirement (formerly MassMutual). Employees who are interested are referred to work with our partners at Edward Jones in Morrisville, VT